Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Potty training

Taylor's potty training is going SO MUCH better lately. I have been trying with her since about age two and a half. Although I admit not doing the best job mainly because of Jacob and Madison running around and either crying at the door, getting into the toilet or the trash. It was comical. About three weeks ago I learned we would lose our deposit and spot for preschool if she wasn't potty trained by two weeks into the school year. So I said, "no more diapers." The no more diapers thing, a princess sticker chart (which she is very proud of) and I think readiness and maturity have been what has made the difference. She very very rarely has a number one accident, stays dry in naps and wakes up dry every morning. Wooooo hoooo!!!! The only struggle we are still having is with number two. She has had three successes so far but all the rest of the time she either holds it or goes in her panties. All day we rehearse where does the poo poo go and she says, "poo poo goes in the potty." Then she'll still go in her panties. I even have a poo poo prize bag for when she has a success. After talking to a lot of people and researching this problem it seems very common. I know one day it will just happen like it did with number one. It;s just hard because I have realized this is one of the things you just can't make someone do. the good news is she holds it all school at least :).
This is what she thought of potty training over the summer.
Madison actually had a success with number one at 15 months old. I was shocked.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Awesome :)

See... it'll all happen in time!

Everyone told me that, but I still went nuts-o over Reece's resistance.