Friday, March 5, 2010

Taylor's first major owwie :(


Last week Taylor had her first major injury. She was jumping on our bed in an effort to avoid getting in the bath and when we come to get her she like to jump towards our pillows and "hide". Well, she jumped too far and hit her head on the headboard. It was quite a gash, so I took her on her first trip to the emergency room. She ended up getting 3 stitches right below her left eyebrow. The weird thing is Mike and I both have right in that same area. I hope it isn't a requirement for being in the Maehr household and Jacob and Maddy don't join the club.
She was so brave and tough as usual. They had to restrain her and give her shots in her open wound and she just had a few tears running down her face. She is amazing. She handled the whole thing like a trooper. In triage the nurse was trying to put a band aid on her eye with some lidacaine (sp) to numb it. Taylor didn't want it on. The nurse and I looked at each other like oh dear and then Taylor says, "a sticker." we said,"yes, do you want a sticker." She thought she was hot stuff with a sticker, a bracelet (the hospital bracelet) and getting to eat chips in the waiting room(which she never gets) and staying up until 9:30 by herself with mommy. Now she wants a new "sticker" every night after her bath.
She also had a blast listening to the firetrucks and ambulances coming to the hospital. She loves watching them and hearing the sirens. She kept loudly saying, "What is that?, Oh, it's a firetruck, Where did the truck go? and I want to see." She had people in the waiting room laughing with her cheerful enthusiasm. Something you typically don't see in the emergency room but was in true Taylor fashion.

1 comment:

The Ninofrancos said...

Oh, no... John and I both got stitches in our chins as children (he fell in the bath and I fell off a skateboard). I hope that isn't a requirement for Audrey!

I'm glad Taylor kept her spirits up. That probably made it easier on Mommy.