1. I love that they are healthy and developmentally on target despite being premature. I will go to their nine month appointment in a few weeks but Jacob is in 18 month clothes and Maddy is in 9 or 12 month clothes.
2. I love that they make each other laugh. When Maddy says "da da" Jacob thinks it's hysterical (for the record Jacob says it too). Or when they jump in the exosaucer and jumper together they laugh. Also when I sing patty cake or wheels on the bus with them they laugh.
3. I love that Jacob is so mellow and happy. I have never heard a baby laugh so much or be ticklish from head to toe. It is soooo adorable to hear him laugh. Maddy is pretty happy herself lately except when she's cutting teeth. Jacob doesn't have any so far and Maddy Just cut her second one.
4. I love that Madison is so interactive. She locks eyes with anyone who comes in the room and loves people. She also watches everything you do.
5. I love that they both sleep 12 plus hours at night since 3 months old and at least 2 or more hours of naps. It gives Mike and I time to reconnect and recharge. We have even been able to start going on monthly or bi-monthly date nights after they are in bed thanks to my mom :).
6. I love that they are so good in the stroller. I mean really...how would we survive otherwise? Taylor never was a stroller baby. Except now she wants to ride with them on the front of their double stroller and smother them with love.
7. I love bath time. They both love it so much and I get special time with them individually each night.
8. I love that Taylor is SOOOOO in love with her "stister" and "brudder." I knew she was loving but how she acts with them brings it to a whole new level. It is so heartwarming and precious. She loves running in their room in the morning and climbing up on their cribs and saying "hi babies." If I bring them down from a nap or into the room she says "mooooaw mooooaw" which means she wants to kiss them. She wants to do this over and over all day. She is constantly hugging them and saying "hug, hug." She also always counts them and says "one, two babies" she is going to be confused when she realizes most babies come one at a time. She loves to bring them toys and since they came home she has knew how to comfort them by giving them blankets, pacifiers (when she's not stealing it), etc. If I say we are going somewhere she says "babies go too" or she starts pulling the car seats over to the table so we can buckle them in.
9. I love that they have brought so much JOY into my life. When I had Taylor I never dreamed I could love three kids this much. I am so beyond lucky to be their mother. I also appreciate that they have showed me strength, determination, patience,etc. I didn't know I had. Those first 6 months were really tough but things are getting "easier" day by day.


5 comments:
we love those babies, too!
I am happy that everyone is happy and healthy...and darling beyond words!
That was soo sweet Jennifer! You are very lucky to have three such wonderful and absolutely adorable children. They truly are a blessing.
This is a very touching post:) I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you are enjoying them so much. Happy 9 month b-day Madison and Jacob!
How beautiful to hear you describe all of their wonderful delights! We could not be happier for you and for them, for you all have each other!!
Jennifer, your joy is contagious. It is so wonderful to be able to share your kiddos through this blog!
Post a Comment