Well November 17th came and Mike and me were patiently waiting for the doctor to come in to do the exam and ultrasound. We saw the ultrasound screen was prepared for me and it said fetus number 1 and Mike joked and said, "It better be just one or I'm going to run out of here screaming." I reassured him I would be bigger by now and twins ran in my family long ago.
Well the doctor came in and started feeling my uterus, measuring with the measuring tape, etc. and said you a measuring more like 12 weeks and I was not even 9. He said maybe your dates are off. I thought no the dates aren't off. We tried for two months and I kept thorough records and even took an ovulation test and knew exactly when I ovulated. I had no idea what he was eluding too. He said well let's see your baby and start the ultrasound. The next moment was one of the most defining moments in my life. Before I could even really look at the screen the doctor remarked, "that's what I thought." And this is what we saw:
.jpg)
We were both shocked. Mike said wait a minute, there's two sacs. I just started nervously laughing. Then Mike sat down and turned white as a ghost. The doctor began to tell us about all the things that were going to happen and how different a twin pregnancy is. We don't know yet if they are identical or fraternal but they are in two sacs which is a good thing. I am due June 23rd, but my doctor said the goal is to make it to the end of May.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I know this is a gift from god and I just have to take it one day at a time. My biggest concern is caring for Taylor and how after they are born it is going to affect her life. We just always need to give her special time and let her always know how special she is being our first born. I will keep you updated. I know it's going to be a wild ride :).


5 comments:
Congratulations again. I will say a prayer for you that your pregnancy goes well and is not a difficult one. Taylor will be just fine. You guys are wonderful parents and will make her feel as special as she is. you will just have two more to love, how exciting! If you need ANYTHING at all, please let me know!
You know you have so much support :)
and the baby club needs more babies anyway!
I am so excited for you...
I know it is scary, but if anyone can handle it, it is you guys. You make a lot of sacrifices to be home as much as possible with Taylor. I know you will adjust just fine and then you will wonder how you ever lived without these two other blessings in your family. Congratulations on the news of the new additions. Taylor will be the first big sister in our group! All exciting news:)
WAAAHH!! That is soo crazy/ exciting!!! What a double blessing!! Can't wait to watch you grow and hear all about it. Jason is a twin, so we've always wanted twins . . . we will keep you in our prayers. You will not be given more than you can handle.
We are so happy for you and your family Jennifer! All that big belly talk you gave us in class was right on! Mommy knows best! Taylor is going to make a great big sister and you guys are going to be great parents of three. I guess it will be time to upgrade to a mini-van pretty soon :) Hugs!
Post a Comment